What better way to start a new year than by making yourself look like a fool with some outlandish predictions? Don’t think there is one, so let’s go.
- European champions – Spain. They have the most to prove of the top tier teams after disaster in 2011. French players will be too exhausted after a grueling domestic season to be in top form for their home championship. MVP – Jelena Milovanovic as she will lead the surprise package of EuroBasket Women 2013 – Serbia – to a place in 2014 Worlds.
- Either Russia or Czech Republic will not qualify for the World Championship.
- WNBA champions – Los Angeles Sparks. They will find that one or maybe two additions to make them real contenders. MVP – Candace Parker, obviously.
- EuroLeague Women champions – Fenerbahce. I have been burnt too many times by picking UMMC. Never again.
- NCAA tournament final between Baylor and UConn will be the best one in recent years.
- Brittney Griner will sign her first pro contract in China.
- Your’s truly will be awake at 5 AM to catch Brittney Griner take on Liz Cambage at some point during the summer.
- I will be called a moron or will be described equivalently to that for things I write here more times in 2013 than in 2012.
Care to share yours?